SLIDE GUITAR JAM SESSIONS AND SWAMP SONGS



I had a totally new experience last night – Red Lorri and I stopped in @ Dirty Gav's place at the Linden Massive and Jacqui VS was there. The four of us ended up getting stuck into such an intense jam session (I played, kinda, slide guitar for the first time!!) that when we ended it felt like I'd been flying through the galaxy with no concept of time - shoowaa! We were all kinda sad that there was no recording of what had just taken place because I think none of us were quite sure what had just happened. Friggen awesome. A-WEH-SOME!
On a slightly different tangent, this is the music I've been listening to for the last few days - kinda dark and dirty: M. Ward's 'Sad,sad song', which made me think of the True Blood theme tune, Bad Things by Jace Everett, which then made me think of Danzig's song, Thirteen


  


Clearly I'm in a swampy, sexy and sweaty, deep south combined with a raucously skeptical Vegas kind of space. Not a bad space to be.
Plans for this gloriously sunny day in Jozi? Goin to my favourite sleazy bar, the Bo, and watching my favourite SA folk misfits,Rambling Bones and his Bloody Agents. But before that I think I shall have an afternoon snooze in the sun and if I'm lucky, do a few bad things with you. Prrrrrr
Coming soon: more on Dirty Uncle and Rambling Bones

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment